We strongly recommend you test everything working before you bolt your servos to your actuators.
The best way to do this is “bench test” the system with actual output from games.
- If you haven’t already Download SimFeedback
- Flash your Arduino firmware
- Secure your servos to something solid, or at least be careful. They *will* flip and jump around if you get telemetry from games.
- Do not run a game title yet, we just want to make sure the servos will start/stop
- Have everything connected up
- Double check your wiring (back of the hand math says 10% of people have missed a GND wire connection at this point!)
- Turn your AC servo drives on; so they’re all powered up
- Make sure you have a red light for telemetry
- Press the Start button
- All going well, all 4 motors will spin briefly and motors light will turn green
- Press the Stop button
- All 4 motors again will spin the opposite direction quickly, then slow down for the last few moments
Congrats – you’ve witnessed the “Raise to ride height” and “lower to resting height” output from your motors. If it’s doing this, you know you’ve got it working :
- At this point you won’t be able to help yourself, so you’ve already loaded up a game haven’t you
- Make sure motors are secured by clamp or similar to something solid
- Repeat the test above, but with a running game.
You might get a shock seeing how much the motors will spin !
Okay now you’re good for attaching them to assembled actuators.